Episode 223. Aired March 23, 2021:
Follow the Zero Knowledge Podcast and find the links to this episode —
This week, Anna chats with Deborah Simpier and Justin Kilpatrick, co-founders of Althea and the team working on Gravity Bridge. They start with the history of the Althea project and how they aim to build an open marketplace for independent entities to create their own ISPs, providing bandwidth to users in under-connected areas. They then dive into the larger topic of bridges and the work being done on Gravity Bridge – a bridge that links Ethereum with IBC and the Cosmos ecosystem. They touch on the larger bridge landscape in Cosmos, the new initiatives and challenges that come with a multichain architecture, the opportunities and hazards of the current wave of stakedrop airdrops in Cosmos, Gravity’s roadmap and more!
Here are some links for the episode:
– Episode 207: Journey Through the Cosmos Ecosystem with Billy Rennekamp: https://zeroknowledge.fm/episode-207-journey-through-the-cosmos-ecosystem-with-billy-rennekamp/
– Gravity Bridge: https://www.gravitybridge.net/
– Althea: https://www.althea.net/
– Everything You Need to Know About the Gravity Bridge Chain: https://medium.com/cosmos-blockchain/gravity-is-an-essential-force-of-the-cosmos-aligning-all-planets-in-orbits-in-the-composable-b1ca17de18cc
– Twitter Spaces: Gravity Bridge Community Call and AMA: https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1OyKADAaEZexb
– ZKValidator presents Privacy in Cosmos: Scalability Edition – Gravity Bridge: https://youtu.be/YQCaII2HB9Q
– Blog post: How Gravity Works: https://www.gravitybridge.net/post/how-gravity-works
– Introducing Gravity Grants: a proposed grants program for Gravity Bridge: https://commonwealth.im/gravity-bridge/discussion/3824-introducing-gravity-grants-a-proposed-grants-program-for-gravity-bridge
If you’re looking to jump into ZK professionally, the ZK Jobs Board is where some of the top teams working in zero knowledge are posting jobs. Teams like: Anoma, Polygon Hermez, O(1) Labs and Ethereum Foundation have openings.
Check it out: https://jobsboard.zeroknowledge.fm/
ZKValidator is hosting a Privacy in Cosmos event in Amsterdam on April 15th. Free to sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/privacy-in-cosmos-live-in-amsterdam-tickets-290329462237
Today’s episode is sponsored by Aleo: https://www.aleo.org/
Aleo is a new Layer-1 blockchain that uses cutting edge cryptography to achieve the programmability of Ethereum, the privacy of Zcash, and the scalability of a rollup.
It also features a new programming language called Leo that enables non-cryptographers to harness the power of ZKPs to build private applications. Roll up your sleeves and visit [leo-lang.org](https://leo-lang.org/) to start building.
Aleo will also be participating in ZPrize – a competition accelerating the future of zero-knowledge cryptography. Visit https://www.zprize.io/ to learn more!
If you like what we do:
Subscribe to our podcast newsletter: https://zeroknowledge.substack.com/ to not miss any event!
Follow us on Twitter – @zeroknowledgefm – https://twitter.com/zeroknowledgefm
Join us on Telegram – https://t.me/joinchat/TORo7aknkYNLHmCM
Catch us on Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYWsYz5cKw4wZ9Mpe4kuM_g
Read up on the r/ZKPodcast subreddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/zkpodcast
Give us feedback! – https://forms.gle/iKMSrVtcAn6BByH6A
Support our Gitcoin Grant – https://gitcoin.co/grants/329/zero-knowledge-podcast-2
Support us on the ZKPatreon – https://www.patreon.com/zeroknowledge
Donate through coinbase.commerce – https://commerce.coinbase.com/checkout/f1e56274-c92b-4a99-802f-50727d651b38